Alternative Spring Break Opportunities
Every year, ECIR organizes an Alternative Spring Break Opportunity with a non-profit organization. Alternative Spring Breaks give students the opportunity to learn a new culture, develop a new skill, and give back by engaging in service to a community.
Past Alternative Spring Breaks have included:
- 2015 – New Orleans Service Learning Program, New Orleans, LA Alternative Spring Break: Help build houses with the St. Bernard Project which works in disaster-struck areas and experience the rich culture of New Orleans. Carpentry and constructions skills are preferred, but not required.
- 2016 – ECIR residents and friends traveled to Atlanta, Georgia to work alongside United Way to serve food to hungry women and children.
- 2017 – ECIR residents and friends traveled to Washington DC to volunteer with S.O.M.E. (So Others May Eat) serving food to hungry DC community members.
- 2018 – ECIR residents and friends are travelling to Toronto, Ontario to volunteer with both Toronto FoodShare and the Christian Resource Centre of Toronto to serve and sort food for hungry community members.
- Appalachian Service Learning Program, St. Paul, VA Alternative Spring Break Trip: Volunteer in a rural mountain community, while participating in cultural experiences to enhance your understanding of the area’s rich history. Carpentry and construction skills, and ability to use power tools are preferred but not required.
Please contact email@example.com to find out more information and keep up to date with all of our events.
Delonis Center Service Learning Program
This is an opportunity to give back to the community by assisting those in need of shelter, food, and friendship, and to experience the importance of community response through direct service to those who are most in need locally. This is a reoccurring volunteer opportunity on the second Thursday of every month and that there are two shifts, one beginning at 2:30 and the other at 4:30PM.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.